Six weeks to Bridal Radiance
What every bride needs on her wedding day is a wow look on everybody’s face once she walks the aisle. Healthy glowing skin, healthy tresses and a well sculpted body is what will imbue her with confidence. Often, with so much to plan, do and organize before the run up to the D day brides tend to neglect their skin and body issues. Most of the time they book a facial and a prebridal salon package a week before the wedding and if you think it will solve the problem, it may well be too little, too late. Also these days we come across women who are marrying late so in such cases few ageing concerns
like pigmentation, laxity, stretch marks, fine lines etc. need to be addressed. Time may be scarce but you need to prioritize the to do list and put yourself first, even before hiring a wedding planner or photographer.
According to me a 6 week period is good enough to address, treat and settle most of the common skin and body issues.
Our plan should be Achieving-
- Healthy, clear, toned and glowing skin.
- Healthy lustrous hair.
- Well sculpted, toned body with clear, smooth and glowing skin.
Few common tips for the bride to be through all these weeks and later as well-
1.In the mornings, use a good cleanser that is suited for your skin type.
2.At night, use a good make-up remover along with cleanser. Keeping make up overnight clogs the pores and leads to breakouts.
3.Use a moisturizer daily and protect your skin from sun by using a good sunscreen. If skin is oily ask your doctor for oil free sunblock.
4.Repeat the sunscreen after cleaning the face every 2 hours as it gets ineffective after that.
5.Use a good exfoliant to exfoliate your skin at least thrice a week.
6.Follow a diet rich in vitamins and nutrients. Add a lot of fruits and raw veggies to your diet.
7.Avoid junk food, processed foods, caffeinated foods and foods high in calories.
8.Drink atleast 6-8 glasses of water, it will help to detox the system.
9.Take a Multivitamin and a multi mineral daily to fill in the nutritional gaps.
10.Avoid stress and anxiety and take ample rest and sleep.
11.Include yoga, exercise,meditation and other physical activities as part of your health regimen.
6 week plan to look more youthful, radiant and in shape.
WEEK 1 &2-Get on a Fast Track
Book an appointment with a dermatologist. A qualified dermatologist and cosmetic physician can help diagnose your problem and prescribe treatments that actually work for you.
There are a few issues where we need to start the treatment immediately as we need at 3-6 wks to deliver the results. These common issues are-
- a) Excess unwanted hair -It is often considered to be either culturally unacceptable and unattractive. In the last few years number of patients coming to us with this issue have significantly increased as today’s generation is more conscious of their appearance. The latest laser hair removal technologies are safe, painless and cost effective.So if a girl has excess hair she can immediately start the treatment. All areas, including face, neck, arms, underarms, bikini line,groin, legs, back and ears can be treated.
- b) Acne and Acne scars-We start the treatment with oral supplements, topical creams, deep cleansing, clearing and sterilizing treatments like rejuvenating orange light, Diamond polishing, Anti acne oxygen therapy for the face(back and chest can be treated in the similar way),Vitamin C serum, oxyjetting, oxy clear face therapy. For deep acne scars and pits laser treatment should be considered. We have various laser options to suggest depending on the severity of scars and patient expectation.Laser treatments like NdYAG laser, fractional non ablative laser (Affirm )and Medlite C6 laser are used to treat acne scars. The acne marks and scars slowly fade away and open pores & pits start closing. One can start seeing results in 2-3 sessions.
- c) Pigmentation-Pigmentation, freckles, blemishes and dark circles need 4-6 weeks to fade. So we start the treatment in the first week. Oxygen treatments, diamond polishing and lasers in combination work best. Qswitch Lasers like Medlite C6 and Cosjet TR are gold standard treatment for Pigmentation .
- d) Ageing signs-Laxity, finelines and other ageing issues start appearing in early thirties and is a common concern in women marrying late. Week 1 is the best to start and we focus on collagen remodelling with lasers like Ndyag and Affirm fractional. Thermage is the best single session antiageing treatment for lifting and tightening the skin.
e)Obesity-If your BMI is above 25 you need to look at a weight loss and body sculpting program immediately. Consider a fully equipped medical facility rather than a salon for latest technologies and medically correct treatments. Low frequency ultrasound and laser lipolysis ( ilipo) are latest non invasive technologies for volumetric loss that help in contouring – abdomen, hips, thighs, arms, back, breasts and even face. It is a time efficient, non-invasive painless way to reduce volume and improve shape.Besides above there are surgical options like Vaser liposuction and laser liposuction.But these should be done 6 months before the wedding.
f)Loose sagging skin-Sagging skin is a common complaint of women of all ages.Even in young girls who lose significant weight sagging is very common. It is good to start 4- 6 weeks before marriage in order to tone and tighten this sagging skin. Radiofrequency treatments like Thermage and Prowaveice are effective. These are safe, non invasive, painless options for body shaping, sculpting and figure correction. Lifts and tightens the face, breasts, buttocks, thighs, upper arms and sagging abdominal skin. Also helps to treat cellulite.
g)Stretch marks- Stretch marks are very common on the lower abdomen, thighs, hips, shoulder and upper arms. They cannot be removed 100% but yes we can improve them with Affirm fractional laser and Pulse dye laser. Diamond polishing and skin circulation treatments are also good for treating stretch marks.
Now if the bride to be has none of the above issues but her skin is just a little pale, patchy, tanned and has less glow and clarity we start with oxygen face therapies and Rejuvenation laser .They help in rejuvenation and toning of skin, removing tan, improving complexion and clarity.
WEEK 3&4-Keep on track
We are already working on the prime skin issues we discussed earlier. We regularly assess them and if required change the protocols of treatments. In these weeks we start to work on the following issues as well-
1.Hair fall and dandruff-If some problem like dandruff or hair fall is there we have to get multiple sessions of treatments like ozone and hair laser combing along with a medication. Otherwise deep conditioning hair treatments are started for healthy nourished hair.
2.Body Polishing treatments– We start exfoliating body treatments to lighten scars if any, improve the tone and complexion of the body. Polishing helps in lightening stretch marks and reduces the appearance of cellulite also.
3.Botox-Botox can be used for any age group but mostly opted by middle aged brides to relax that crow’s feet and get rid of frown lines. It gives them a more youthful look.
4.Filler– Fillers like juvederm and Restylane are used to are used to fill up wrinkles on the forehead, around the eyes, mouth lines and neck lines. In young brides fillers like Voluma are widely used for Lip augmentation. It is being preferred even by girls as young as 17 as they want to look sexy among their peers.
5.Skin Care Regime-We help the bride to choose the right skin care products. We usually start with a cleanser, toner and moisturizer/sunblock and put them on the right regime. We assess how there is skin is responding to the products. Putting them to right skin habits is important for long term maintenance. Sometimes along with cosmetics we need to suggest some pharmaceutical products also.
WEEK 5&6-Enjoy The Finale
It is the most important phase of all as we are close to the event we need to sit with them and see where we need to give the final finishing touches. We plan to do the Rejuvenation laser and Complexion laser in the last week along with the Beauty light oxy treatment or Oxytone treatment. We can change the protocols if need be and following treatments are part of the finishing touch-
1.Spa Facials-As Brides are really worked up and stressed we introduce a relaxing spa facial for complete rejuvenation and relaxation.
2.Body Massage-An Esalen body massage is a thorough de stress detox massage and helps revive the energy levels.
3.Skin Care Regime-We help them with a prescription with all skin care products, vitamins and also medication if required. We counsel them on skin care regime and proper skin protection.
4.Weight Management –Patients who were on the body sculpting and figure correction program need to be counselled on managing their results by right diet and exercise. If need be they can come back for maintenance.
So with this 6 weeks plan we can address almost all of your skin, hair and body issues and help you prepare for the most important day of your life. Now walk the Aisle with confidence and grace and enjoy all the compliments .